BUY NOW VIA BEATPORT
The legendary trance duo Laurent Veronnez and Jurgen Leyers aka Fire & Ice are next in line for a special 25 years remix as part of our classics series. Heart & Mind gets a makeover from superlative trance DJ and producer Paul Pearson which is destined to become a firm favourite among the trance family all over the world. The guys burst onto the scene and took the trance world by storm in 1998, dominating our XTC imprint and other sub labels with tracks like Lost Emotions, Beyond My Control, Forever Young, Souvenir De Chine, Samoa and many more. Their sound became synonymous with the melodic, uplifting and energetic trance scene and hit after hit ensured their tracks always got peak time attention. At the top of their game they not only delivered quality tracks but numerous remix requests for a wide range of artists covering different genres opened them up to new audiences and cemented their place in the history of trance. In 2006 they took a step back, focusing on their solo ambitions before making a welcomed return in 2008, treating their throngs of fans to a couple of tentative farewell tracks. The original mix of Heart & Mind boasted a tight driving groove with melodic synths that soared into the stratosphere, taking us along for the ride. An absolute gem of a track that deserves a contemporary workout.
Paul Pearson is a hugely popular DJ and producer from the UK. He regularly appears at top venues alongside some of the biggest names in trance and has put out some fine original tracks and remixes since 2012 on labels such as Lost Language, Perfecto, Infrasonic and Enhanced Music to name just a few. He has graced the decks at Gatecrasher and Digital Society and he runs his own Pressure Podcast on AH FM and no doubt his profile will only get bigger as the years roll by. Here on the remix the intro sets off with a classic pumping beat as layered synths come together to dish out the energy. The bassline lifts the track beautifully, adding a tight bouncy groove as swirling pads and sweet melodies come through. The break descends into a serene sequence as that familiar melody fades in with some added vocal adding an extra spice. The synths open up for that hands in the air moment and a steady build up climaxes into full on mode. There is only one place this track will take you and that’s high in the sky with a wide brimming smile on your face, fantastic stuff.
Out now on Digitized Recordings: BUY VIA BEATPORT
Garry Morrison & SJ Johnson – No More Second Chances
(Paul Pearson Remix & Dub Mixes)
For DR097 we bring you a big vocal uplifter from Garry Morrison and SJ Johnson called No More Chances, with supporting remixes from Carlos Martz and Paul Pearson.
The original gets straight to it with driving basses and ethereal vocal sweeps that build to bring in the vocal. SJ Johnson’s vocal lift the tune up a level and the vocal keeps building the feeling in the track, as the intro chord melody builds the track to the break. Glassy pads and vocal pads build the vocal which will have people’s hands in the air, before the main melody filters in to its main impact. With a nice uplifting melody it builds up before dropping back in with a proper uplifting vibe that sure to go down well in clubs everywhere. If uplifting and big vocals do it for you, check this out.
First up on remix duties is Mexican Carlos Martz, giving the track a darker and more techie feel. Touch basses, minimal percussions and psy style sub basses give this remix a chunkiness that will suit those of you who like it a little tougher. Using the vocals and intro plucks to lift the track up the bass really drives this track along all the way to the break. Warm, ducking pads complement the vocal nicely in the break before dropping the track into a dark and dirty acid driven build, before hitting you hard with an acid drop that would simply go off in a club. A nice different take on the original that will cater for those who like it harder, darker and more filthy!
Paul Pearson’s remix provides a more pure uplifting remix. Warm basses and nice plucks build the track to the vocal adding real tension to the intro. Keeping things simple and letting the vocal do the talking (so to speak) this remix is definitely one who like their atmospheric trancers that build slowly.
Paul Pearson Presents Pressure Radio 29
01. Moein Sanjary & A.R.M.I.N – Good Old Days [Alter Ego]
02. U-Mount – Meridiana [Arkham Digital]
03. Fire & Ice – Heart & Mind (Paul Pearson Remix) [Bonzai Music]
04. Sam Laxton vs Perrelli & Mankoff – Katana (Extended Mix) [DS-R]
05. Exolight – Without You (Extended Mix) [Always Alive]
06. Hoyaa – Worship The Sun [Verse Recordings]
07. Edelways – Changes (Extended Mix) [Always Alive]
08. Estigma – Until Dawn (Extended Mix) [Suanda True]
09. The Avains – Flame Your Mind (Luke Warner Remix) [Tranceform]
10. Second Reason & 4 Seas – Liberta (Extended Mix) [Magic Trance]
11. Alex Wright – Equinox (Extended Mix) [DS-R]
Paul Pearson Presents Pressure Radio 28
01. Andy Forbes – In Search Of Eternal Happiness (The Stupid Experts Remix)
02. Fashion Police – Phoenix Lights
03. Airwave – Lightspeed (Antidote Remix)
04. SoundLift – I AM
05. Andrew Lewis – Lumina
06. Alpha Modul & Karina Skye – Senses (Diego Morrill Dub Mix)
07. Steve Brian & David Berkeley – Fire Sign (Steve Brian & Suncatcher Remix)
08. Alex Byrka & Ruslan Device feat. Breame – Andalucia (Extended Mix)
09. Duncan Newell & Luigi Palagano – Gibbo
10. Push vs Globe – Tranceformation (Push Trancedential Mix)
11. Fire & Ice – Forever Young
Paul Pearson Presents Pressure Radio 27
01. Aly & Fila vs Scott Bond & Charlie Walker – Shadow (Intro Mix) [FSOE]
02. Kiyoi & Eky – White Hood (Project O.K Remix) [Tranceform]
03. Exolight – Starfall (Extended Mix) [Always Alive]
04. Neil Bamford – Astral Ability [Submission]
05. Factor B – Liberator [FSOE]
06. Eric Senn – Pheonix (Extended Mix) [Suanda True]
07. Miroslav Vrlik & Andre Visior – Solaris (Extended Mix) [Digital Society Recordings]
08. Cold Stone & Alhena – Pandora (Extended Mix) [Digital Society Recordings]
09. Tilt feat Maria Nayler – Angry Skies (Chris Porter Remix) [Lost Language]
10. Yahel & Eyal Barkan – Voyage [ITWT] **Club Classic**
Paul Pearson Presents Pressure Radio 26
01. DJ HARN feat Spins – Davey’s Song [Digitized]
02. 10Stage – Remember This Time [Tangled Audio]
03. Cold Stone – Skyline (Extended Mix) [Digital Society Recordings]
04. ID – ID [Tranceform Recordings]
05. Garry Morrison & SJ Johnson – No More Second Chances (Paul Pearson Remix) [Digitized]
06. Jean Boris – Gea (Braulio Stefield Remix) [Liberty Music]
07. Paul Steiner – Only With You [Beyond The Stars]
08. Jones & Stephenson – First Rebirth (Talla 2XLC Uplifting Remix) [Bonzai Music]
09. Max Revenge – Pantheon [Tranceform Recordings]
10. AirLab7 – Pure Reflection [Trance Allstars]
11. Jose Amnesia – The Eternal [Vandit]
Paul Pearson Presents Pressure Radio 25
01. Duderstadt – Muhanjala (Davey Asprey Extended Remix) [Armada]
02. Cressida – 6AM (Kyau & Albert Update) [Euphonic]
03. Activa – Luminosity [Degenerate]
04. Temple One – Somnium Machina [Grotesque]
05. Aly & Fila feat Ana Criado – All Heaven (Extended Mix) [FSOE]
06. Para X – Miracle [ITWT]
07. Dogzilla – Without You (Will Atkinson Extended Remix) [WAO138]
08. Signum & James Dymond – Keep On Moving Up (Extended Mix) [FSOE]
09. David Rust – From The Inside [Extrema Global]
10. Parker & Clind – Generator (Glynn Alan & Dave Wright Remix) [Bonzai]
11. DJ Ton TB – Dream Machine (Factor B’s Back To The Future Mix) [Grotesque Reworked]
With the announcement of a very special trance and dance duo going on tour with the release of their forthcoming album ‘Reformation’, the news also broke that Equinox will be playing host to them to mark this incredible occasion. Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, ravers of all ages we bring to you… Super8 & Tab! And not only have we secured the Anjuna and Armada legends to perform for you, but we are bringing them to you for not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 HOURS taking you on a journey of epic proportions to celebrate the release of their upcoming album.
Super8 & Tab have provided us with some of the most recognisable melodies to have graced our ears on the trance floor. Such tracks as ’Suru’, ‘Elektra’, ‘No Frontiers’ and the timeless ‘Helsinki Scorchin’. They have provided remixes and teamed up with the likes of Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, and BT. They are truly royalty.
Supporting this legendary duo we have two other legendary duos who join forces to keep your feet moving and your hands in the air. Joining our residents on the night we have Gatecrasher resident Paul Pearson and Transcend head honcho Ben Dursley.
Paul will be joining our very own Neil Bamford as they take you on a progressive journey to warm you up for the main act. With both of these producers having once been Digital Society residents at the same time, you can be sure of a few tracks to take you down memory lane as well as some cutting edge material that Equinox is becoming renowned for. Joining Ben we have the master Shambles who as a duo will be finishing the night in style. Shambles has featured on several occasions at Transcend so it’s amazing for us see them team up again on closing duties. Prepare for euphoria!
Gatecrasher Laser Unity 2 Line Up RELEASED
Easter Sunday 1 April 2018 Tickets http://bit.ly/GCEaster1April
Area Sheffield 9pm – 6 am
Very Special Guest
25 Years Of Gatecrasher
Alex Morph & Woody Van Eyden B2B
Riley & Durrant
My first gig of the year!
Gatecrasher Classical After Party Line Up UNLEASHED